Our Adult Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP) is a community based service program offered on-Site and off-Site. The program provides adults with structured group activities designed to develop and enhance independent living skills. The program goal is to assist our program participants with transitioning from hospitalization to successfully re-enter the community, and to assist those individuals already in the community with maintaining and enhancing their skills.
- personal hygiene
- planning and cooking meals
- managing medications
- general health care promotion
- personal safety
Social Skills Training
- interpersonal skills
- computer/technology Training
Independent Living And Community Living Skills Training
- utilizing community resources
- transportation and mobility training
- personal finance and budgeting
Illness Management Skills Training
- understanding and dealing with mental illness as a disease
- dealing with symptoms and each person’s unique challenges of daily living
- medication management and education
- how to recover a sense of self and life in spite of having an illness
We offer dual diagnosis groups along with groups with specific focuses, which include: support groups for working individuals, groups that address needs of geriatric population, and men's/women's groups.
Case Management services
You may be eligible for government assistance. These services are also offered to all program participants. ACS takes an active part in advocacy, and in completing applications for and maintenance of all social service related services.
Services can be provided off-site at the participants discretion. For instance, if an individual requires skills training in terms of shopping or laundry, ACS staff can meet the participant at a local shopping mall or laundromat.
On-site Services for Adults
The On-site PRP services for Adults generally runs Monday-Friday from 10 am to 2 pm for individual and group services, additional days/times can be scheduled per appointment.